Children's Dentistry Parramatta
Why Children’s Dental Health Is As Important As Everyone Else
Children’s dental health is as important as anyone else. So the parents, as role models, should teach their children at a very young age on how to look after their own teeth and gums.
The development of healthy permanent teeth starts during the first years of life. Therefore it is essential to establish a proper oral hygiene at an early age to ensure strong and healthy teeth in the future.
Your kids should visit the children’s dentistry as early as possible to prevent or detect any signs of tooth decay. Prevention is always better than cure.
When the child has tooth decay, he/she will be in pain plus the treatment is costlier than having regular dental check-ups.
Bring your child with you during your dental appointment to familiarise him/her with the environment. This will reduce their anxiety when it comes to seeing the dentist to have their dental health checked.
During dental check-ups for your child, the dentist will perform the following:
- Check your child’s teeth for any signs of tooth decay
- Removes plaque or tartar from your child’s teeth if any
- Examines your child’s oral tissue, gums and jaw for any potential problem.
- Assess your child’s bite
- Apply fluoride to your child’s teeth if necessary
- The dentist will give advice on proper nutrition and good oral hygiene practices
Here are some guidelines on how to care for your child’s dental health:
- Using a soft bristle toothbrush for children, brush your child’s teeth twice a day, once in the morning and once before bed.
- Use pea-sized toothpaste with fluoride that is suitable for children.
- Replace toothbrush every three months.
- Make sure your child eats healthy meal to improve his/her dental health.
- Keep your child away from sweets to avoid tooth decay.
- Do not let your child fall asleep with a bottle of milk or any fruit juice as this will lead to cavities.
- Visit the children’s dentistry once every six months to check on your child’s dental health.
As parents, teaching your child the healthy, balanced diet and proper oral hygiene at a very young age will prevent any problems regarding your child’s dental health in the future.
Children’s Dentist in Parramatta
Dentist Parramatta, Merrylands | Sydney NSW |
(02) 8090 1109
Driving directions from North Parramatta Montessori Academy going to Parramatta Dentistry only takes about 7 minutes. Head north on Iron St toward Barney St and turn left onto Barney St then another left onto O’Connell St. Lastly, turn right onto Hunter St where you will find the dental clinic on the left side.